Unit 1 Great Scientists
1．With this extra evidence，John Snow was able to announce with certainty that polluted water carried the virus. 2．From the stomach the disease quickly attacked the body and soon the affected person died. 3．So many thousands of terrified people died every time there was an outbreak. 4．He found that it came from the river polluted by the dirty water from London.
Compete the sentences using the right form of the given verb.
1. I had nothing to do. I was __b__o_re_d____ (bore) and lonely. 2. Jack looked even more __a_m__a_z_e_d__ (amaze) than he felt. 3. The results were very _____d_i_s_a_p_p_o_in_t_i_n_g____. (disappoint) 4. I was thanked by the ___s_a_t_is_f_ie_d____ (satisfy) customer. 5. The girl __d_r_e_ss_e_d____ (dress) in red is my daughter. 6. Last Monday our class went on an __o_r_g_a_n_is_e_d___ (organise) trip.
过 去 分 词
1.过去分词作定语 放在被修饰的名词__前_面___，做前置定语表示被__动__（__v_t.) 或 _完__成__(v_i_.)__。
fallen leaves the risen sun a retired worker
a respected doctor polluted water a newly invented machine
1. The Story of Ah Q written by Lu Xun is familiar to us. → The Story of Ah Q which is written by Lu Xun is familiar to us.
2. The city surrounded by mountains is my hometown. → The city which is surrounded by mountains is my hometown.
2. 过去分词短语作定语：通常__后_置__， 其作用相当于定语从句。
1) It’s a picture __th_a_t_/_w_h_i_c_h__w_a_s_ painted by Leonardo da Vinci. a picture painted by Leonardo da Vinci
2) There was a woman _t_h_a_t_/w__h_o_w__a_s dressed in white. a woman dressed in white
The book which is written by Han Han is popular with students. =The book written by Han Han is popular with students.
The player who is loved by many people is Yao Ming. =The player loved by many people is Yao Ming.
boiling water boiled water the rising sun the risen sun
正在沸腾的水 已经烧开的水 正在升起的太阳 升起了的太阳
1. disappointing news disappointed people
2. exciting story excited people
3. tired people/ I’m tired 4. tiring film
感到失望的人们 2. 激动人心的故事
V-ed 感到… …的 V-ing 令人… …的
1.They are excited. 2.He looked worried after reading the letter. 3.When we heard of this, we were deeply moved.
be ( am, is, are)
“似乎类”： seem, appear, look
“感觉类”： feel, sound, smell, taste
“变成类”： become, go, get, grow,
remain, stay, keep
V-ing 与V-ed 作表语的区别
? What he said was __e_n_c_o_u_r_a_g_in_g__ (encourage). ? We were ___e_n_c_o_u_r_a_g_ed___ (encourage )at what he said. ? The football game is very __b_o_r_in_g__(bore). ? We were __b_o_r_e_d_(bore) at the football game.
请完成《 Unit1 Great scientists-Grammar 》随堂 检测！
过去分词作定语和表语 1 过去分词作定语时的位置
根据所学知识，请在线完成 《 Unit1 Great scientistsGrammar 》课后作业。
预习任务： Preview the reading text on Page 7 查阅关于Copernicus的资料，了 解更多的信息，小组合作，共同 分享。
2019高中英语必修五同步 Unit 1 Great scientists-Grammar课件教育精品.ppt发布时间:
Unit 1 Great Scientists